What makes the best cocktail party? Something people talk about for years (or at least until the next cocktail party??) Well I thought you'd want to know so I compiled an easy list of the 5 things you NEED to do in order to have a good time.
1. Invitations (yep, I really believe in them). Doesn't have to be fancy or even paper. Set up an Evite and advise that RSVP is required because you need to know how much food and drink to purchase so they have a great time! Most people will respect that ;-)
2. Clean, inviting, space. Clean your bathroom, living room, whereever people will be. Make sure to block off areas you don't want people. Simply put, if there are only 5 people spread out it will look terrible but 5 people sequestered in the kitchen looks pretty good.
3. Put on upbeat music loud enough to hear but still enjoy conversations. Keep it going all night. Make sure there is no break or people may get the indication that the party is winding down.
4. FOOD FOOD FOOD is a must...that's why I chose the picture that I posted with this. Have finger foods already ready and put them in the oven to warm in batches. Count on everyone eating 2-3 of each type of hors d houvers. (I will do another post on food).
5. ALCOHOL ...yep, it's a cocktail party and people should be served a drink when they walk through the door. Have someone serve as bartender and count on every one having 2-3 drinks.